Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Refocus

It's been over a week, sorry fans. I managed to come down with my first ailment since being pregnant, although not pregnancy related. A nice cold. In all seriousness, I haven't had a cold in over 5 or 6 years. This one has put me down for the count because of the little baby. I worked half day Friday, 2 hours yesterday and will go in half day today. 

Many prayers are needed today. Not because my cold (although, well appreciated). Today is a very important day for my dad. As many of you know he's been battling throat cancer since last April. Things took a dramatic turn last week and thats where my funneled prayers begin. We wait today to hear news about the latest complication from the cancer: essentially, his pipes. When people say, "oh my food went down the wrong pipe" thats exactly what we are dealing with here. His "wrong" pipe is wide open and not shutting as it should, which is causing a plethora of problems.It became damaged during radiation and explains his continued symptoms without relieve.  As far as we understand, its not repairable. Todays outcome tells us what our options are with end, and neither are good. We're battling phenomia, kidney infections, aspiration and cancer. Its a sour mix with sour results. Prayers for dad, please.


Onto happier things, my focus. We are ANXIOULSY awaiting our trip to Mexico in 13 days. We haven't been on a vaca since our honeymooon, so we're calling this the "babymoon." I can't wait to feel the warm sun and the warm water hit my face and arms. We hare headed to Tulum Island, about an hour south of Cancun. Small little boutique style resort. 76 rooms! We love the smaller the better. Have I told you I packed yesterday?! Yes'em! Will be gone for 5 days. It's really been keeping Brett and I going the past couple of months, something to look forward to. I thank God for Brett everyday. Hasta La Vista Baby. Will post updates about Dad later today.

Our Resort:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems that your Dad is having. I can't imagine the pain of watching him hurt and waiting for information. I'll be praying for you and your family as you deal with this.
    And a BABY?!?! SWEET!! I'm so excited for you and Brett. I know this is something Brett has been wanting for a while so I'm thrilled that he is finally getting the baby he's been waiting for. You both will be awesome parents....although I can't wait to watch Brett and his first attempts at parenting...and then listen to his Dad relay his opinions of it...should be interesting to say the least. Tell Brett I'll let my Dad know the good news!
    Also, I'm excited about your blog. Its so hard for me to keep up with all of my Oxford friends so I love it when they start blogs so that I can keep up.
    So, I'll keep your Dad in my prayers and the new little addition in your belly. Give all my love to Brett.
    Love, Cara

    ReplyDelete