Well, the day is finally here, we are headed south of the border in the morning for our long overdue vacation. Brett delegated his packing duties to me, finally, and I'm happy to say so b/c I don't have to watch him swirl around this house like an impatient tornado.
We have with us the "precious" envelope of Baby's Rosson's real gender. As soon as we get to our resort, and I have a fruity drink in my hand and staring at the ocean, we will open and then release the info the world to know what he or she is. Stay tuned tomorrow!
As for updates on dad, he's still managing and alert. The facility he was suppose to move to Friday, denied his admittance bc he could walk too far (125 feet) . They felt he was too strong for their hospital. As a matter of a fact nearly ALL the hospitals denied him b/c of this walking business. In the end, Hospice Woodside has agreed to take him hopefully tomorrow. (waiting for a bed to open up, sadly). This is the same facility that we had my grandfather at 2 years ago. Its an amazing facility with lots of peace and calmness to it. Very lush and tropical. This also happens to be the very same facility that the famous Terry Shivo case took place at. Since Terry Shivo's passing, the facility changed many admittance policies, prohibiting long term patients from being in this specific location. This location in a 2-3 week facility now. Dad's been busy working on a book of sorts, writing down all this thoughts of needs and wants of end of life patients in his condition. I think he's referering to having personalized meals for his feeding tube, rather than the canned non flavored instant liquid meals. Nonetheless, he's probabl a good voice for people like himself that aren't nearly alert as he. I look forward to reading this thoughts one day.
in any event, he is really looking forward to moving, hopefully tomorrow. He's been in Moffitt Cancer Institute Hospital for 3 weeks today. I'd be ready to go too.
Well, Hasta Luega for now.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment