Monday, June 14, 2010

Told ya I'd be traveling


I told ya'll I would be on the run. So I calculated the mileage for giggles. Did you know that since January 1st, I have traveled 10,600 miles? This isn't mileage around town. This is my out of town, on the run, gotta go travel mileage. I'm sorta exhausted! So since my last posting, I have made my way to Houston, TX for Callie and Casen's wedding. See them here:
Then to Hilton Head for Josh and Jen's wedding. Here is a picture of me with the fine ladies our family:


Then to Port Gibson for Ellen and Andy's wedding. This past weekend, was my wedding in Turks and Caicos (no I didn't go. Remember, I am 8 months pregnant!?) This weekend I am home (my wedding in Jackson got called off).

We've been busy tying up loose ends around here getting ready for B. His nursery is livable now, and we're ready IF he showed his face now. But I still have yet to get a stroller. I wish the perfect one would magically appear at my doorstep.

We also got a new front storm door. It was more than time to retire the aluminun tin grin on the house. This new door is also so much more heat efficient. Brett did a great job putting up. It wasn't easy, I saw.

The garden is coming along. Lots of green tomatoes on the vine. Peppers hanging. I should be making spaghetti sauce in about 2 more weeks. Cucumbers are planted, but won't be ready for weeks (seems like eons to me).

I also must update the world on sweet ole Ajax. Most of you know how much she covets food and her weight has been someone of a major topic of conversation anytime we have people over. She's been miserable, and had a few other ailments that basically led me to the vet and demanded some attention for our beloved. The doctor noticed she'd gained 4 lbs since Christmas. She had wounds that would appear and not disappear for any reason, her breathing was labored and she desperately needed a haircut (there was nearly a 2 month waiting period). So the Doctor decided I needed to leave her and they "medically" would get her in for a haircut. But they decided to run some blood work and low and behold, our Ajax has thyroid disease! Most would be sad, I'm relieved. It's treatable!!! She has to take a pill twice a day for the rest of her life, but in the short month she's been taking them, its AMAZING the difference. She's such a happy and lively dog again. Her wounds have healed, she isn't panting. Life is re-born for Ole AJ! Look how happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment